„Training for CSOs on social policy monitoring tools and evaluation of policies“ for members of the IRIS BaH network, was held from 14th to 16th December in Banja Vrućica as part of the project “Better social inclusion through a strengthened IRIS CSOs network “, funded by the European Union.
The training was conducted by Trainer Indira Prljača, and was completely tailored to the needs of the IRIS network (tailor-made).
The training started with a theoretical part on monitoring and evaluation settings from the perspective of “Theory of Change” with a focus on processing the monitoring and evaluation system required by the IRIS BaH network at the level of the strategic action plan, and the following areas are covered:
- Evaluation process and steps in evaluation
- Indicators of efficiency, effectiveness, relevance, sustainability and impact
- Importance of the evaluation process for the strategic operation of the IRIS network
- Efficient evaluation system for internal and external operation of the IRIS network
- Public policies and the role of civil society organizations.
The specificity of this training was reflected in the fact that it required constant involvement of participants through group activities and involvement of participants in the discussion, which required knowledge of the content “Analysis of gaps and improvement of social services and social innovation for vulnerable groups”, and it is necessary to include findings from the Analysis in the activities of IRIS BaH network members, first of all through the identification of key problems/issues within the social policies within which the arguments are determined.
Group work also included topics such as:
- “Tree of problems and goals” for identified key issues/problems from the Analysis (e.g. low level of social entrepreneurship development)
- Analysis of the matrix of relevant actors/stakeholders for each of the key issues/problems from the Analysis
- Initial monitoring plan for each of the key issues/problems from the Analysis and similar topics that used examples from the already mentioned Analysis.
It is important to mention that one of the topics covered in this training was the content of the Shadow report.
The training ended with the awarding certificates of completion to participants in a very positive and friendly atmosphere, which represents a very important goal of the whole project – connecting members of the IRIS BaH network on a whole new level.