One of the project activities within the European funded project – “Better social inclusion through strengthened IRIS CSOs Network“, is that the IRIS BaH network was expanded and included nine new members, civil society organizations, into network. They are:
- Naša djeca Mostar
- Udruženje žena „Podstrek“ Tuzla
- Udruženje žena Bubamara, Prijedor
- Fondacija Muharem Berbić, Visoko
- Centar za majku i dijete i socijalni paket za stare, bolesne i iznemogle „Fenix“, Sanski Most
- Centar za podršku porodicama djece i osoba sa poteškoćama Dajte nam šansu – Zvjezdice, Banja Luka
- Udruženje za pomoć djeci i omladini sa posebnim potrebama “Rastimo srećno” Rogatica
- Udruženje paraplegičara, oboljelih od dječije paralize i ostalih tjelesnih invalida regije Doboj
- Dnevni centar za podršku djeci i porodici „Gnijezdo“ Karanovac – In Fondacija za unapređenje socijalne inkluzije djece i mladih u BiH
The IRIS BaH network, which now has a total of 38 members, is an informal network of civil society organizations, providers of social services to vulnerable groups (elderly, children/youth at risk, people with disabilities, women victims of violence, migrants, Roma), and is networked/connected with six other national networks from surrounding countries, forming the IRIS regional network.
The role of the IRIS BaH network is to strengthen the capacities of civil society organizations, providers of social services, to improve their position and ensure a dignified life for the most vulnerable groups of the BaH’s population.
It is particularly committed into strengthening and connecting civil society organizations to influence the reforms of the public social protection sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
One of the activities within the project „Better Social Inclusion through strengthened IRIS CSOs Network”, is partnership building and strengthening the IRIS BaH network of civil society organizations that are social services providers for one or more vulnerable groups of our society.
Another goal is to empower the IRIS BaH network in general and the members of the network to gain more efficiency, capability, and transparency in their activities.
Also, one of the goals of the Project is for the IRIS CSOs network to be an organization of independent actors supporting the vulnerable groups to improve their capacity for dialogue with governments influencing policy and decision-making processes, and to promote Social Entrepreneurship.
Through the IRIS network and this project, members of the network will have the opportunity to become efficient and responsible independent actors and to improve their capacity for dialogue with governments, influence on political and decision-making processes, and legislation related to social development.